Each Monday, campers will be swim checked under the supervision of our American Red Cross certified Water Safety Instructors and certified American Red Cross lifeguards. We follow strict swim checks to determine the best layers of protection for our swimmers and to make sure they are provided with age appropriate skills with a strong focus on building strong and confident swimmers.
Safety of our participants is our #1 goal! All camp activities are supervised by a camp supervisor, American Red Cross certified lifeguards and water safety instructors, swim instructors, and camp counselors. We follow strong measures that are in place to keep campers safe in the pool such as:
- First day orientation with campers to review pool rules.
- In water swim checks every Monday to evaluate which group swimmers are in.
- Structured head counts every 10-15 minutes to ensure that all campers are accounted for.
- Swim cap and buddy tags given to participants with their group color based on swim check- this helps staff ensure that campers are in the safest areas of the pool based on their skill level.
- Floatation devices for any non-swimmer
- Camper to staff ratios to ensure that swimmers are supervised in smaller groups.
- Regular lifeguard in service training to ensure.
- Swim training for all aquatics and camp counselor staff
- Weekly lifeguard trainings to ensure that lifeguards are providing best care to participants.
We look forward to sharing our passion for the water with our campers summer! For any specific questions, please feel free to reach out to Vickie Tsakmakis, Vickie@ryeymca.org or Sheila Viger, Sheila@ryeymca.org